I am participating in the Fearless Females theme to honour National Women's History Month. Today we were asked what role religion played in our families; as far back as I have researched on the MURCH line, women either married into a Nonconformist religious atmosphere, or were searching for the truth themselves. Here they are in Ottery St Mary, Bovey Tracey, and Chudleigh (all in Devon), beginning with my th great-grandmother::
Elizabeth Bastin: bap , married Gideon Murch July
Margaret Marshall,: b abt , mar Samuel Murch, previously married Richard Littley (very religious family who appear regularly in the Nonconformist records) on December
Eleanor Bending: bur , married to Samuel Murch March (nd wife after Margaret died)
Mary Bending: baptised on Boxing Day , married Samuel Murch September
Johanna Yeates married Samuel Murch August
Johanna Murch and John Haywood, married September in Independent Meeting House, Ottery St Mary
You may NOT use the contents of this site for commercial purposes without explicit written permission from the author and blog owner. Commercial purposes includes blogs with ads and income generating features, and/or blogs or sites using feed content as a replacement for original content. Full content usage is not permitted.
You Might Also Be Interested In
This has to be my favourite address in my family history. Yonder Street, Ottery St Mary, Devon, England was where my MURCH ancestors ...
Rootstech is a family history conference (one of the biggest there is). It is held in North America (usually in Salt Lake, Utah) during ...
Imagine you are a lowly servant in a mediaeval palace, castle, or manor house. Christmas is coming - but during the twelve days of Christma...
List the most unique or unusual female first name you’ve come across in your family tree. Mahala EDWARDS 1815 and Mahala Edward...
Post a photo of one of your female ancestors. Who is in the photo? When was it taken? Why did you select this photo? This is one of tho...
- ► 2015 (28)
- ► 2014 (54)
- ► 2013 (73)
- ► 2012 (59)
- Fearless Females: Emma Elizabeth Dunstone AVERY - ...
- Fearless Females: The Brickwall Belles
- Fearless Females: Thomasine Dunstone AVERY in six ...
- 1700 census Ottery St Mary
- My First Award
- Fearless Females: Audrey Ball HAYWOOD outside the ...
- Fearless Females: Generations of religious women i...
- Fearless Females: Audrey Ball HAYWOOD's Boiled Cak...
- Fearless Females: Elsie Beatrice BLAGDON
- 1841 census: I've started!
- Fearless Females: Scanning for Girls
- Fearless Females: Rosamund and Loveday
- Fearless Females: Minda Mary Edgcombe BALL
- Fearless Females: Johanna Yates MURCH
- ▼ March (14)